R1,115.00 – R1,561.00 excl. VAT
LEARN TO PLAY. LOVE TO PLAY.
Explore, excite, expand and express the musician you are, with courses that are fuller, richer, broader, deeper. Learn more inspirationally and enjoyably. Play more competently and confidently.
Our courses cover the key instruments:
- Electric Bass
- Alto Saxophone
Email to a friend
Not only does music relieve stress, and make you happier, but learning music also helps students, regardless of age, to develop the left side of the brain (related to language and reasoning). Researchers have found that learning to play a musical instrument can enhance verbal memory, spatial reasoning and literacy skills. Therefore, playing an instrument makes you use both sides of your brain, which strengthens memory power.
Our music courses are the complete beat. They all cover multiple genres, and encompass seven complementary facets of music: Tunes, Etudes, Exercises, Reading, Improvisation, Hearing, and Theory.
Immersive learning material includes instructional videos, audio and backing tracks, guided practice sessions, and downloadable notation pdf’s. And with all the learning tools you need – including a tuner, metronome, notepad and inspiration board – your experience is practical, playful, pitch-perfect.
Here is some more information about the online music courses.
Each instrument course has two levels, Introductory and Level 1. Here is an explanation of each level.
Right now, you:
- Have never played the specific instrument of your choice before, or if you did it was so long ago, you’ve forgotten how to get a proper sound out of the thing.
- May have an instrument, but have no idea what to do with it beyond the minimal basics someone showed you. You look at it with a glint in your eyes and a vision of playing your heart out in a band.
- Have a collection of music that you love, and you’d love to be able to play some of it.
At the end of this course and level, you:
- Will be able to play some music: you’ll know where to find the basic notes on your instrument; you’ll be able to play melodies and riffs; and you’ll read proper music notation.
- Will be able to play along with some great backing tracks.
- Might find a song in your collection that you can play along with, and you’ll start hearing things musically that you weren’t aware of before.
In this course:
- You’ll take your first steps to becoming a real musician. Spanning genres as wide as folk, Latin, jazz, rock and pop, you’ll learn 6 original tunes and play along with some well-known songs.
- You’ll learn the first basic notes and chords on the instrument. You’ll learn about posture, fingerings, breathing, techniques and scales. You’ll learn about theory, develop your ears through ear training with your voice and on your instrument, and take your first steps as an improvisor. You’ll also play along with attractive backing tracks and learn how to practice with our Shedding Sessions.
Right now, you:
- Know the basics of your instrument, you have a sound and your instrument doesn’t feel like a stranger to you.
- Can read, count, play with backing tracks and even improvise a little.
- Have your hearing open to different genres, and you listen not only with the ear of a music lover, but of a musician.
At the end of this course, you:
- Will control the main range on your instrument, and know the important flats and sharps. Rhythms, swing feel, dots and ties will be part of your musical tools.
- Will have played with some exciting reading tracks, and your improvisation will have expanded. You’ll feel more comfortable with your instrument, and expressing yourself through it.
- Will have developed your hearing, and your knowledge about music theory will have opened your ears to elements in music that you weren’t aware of before.
In this course:
- You get on a solid path to becoming an excellent musician. Sure, with lots still to learn, but you’ll become comfortable with your instrument and creating your sound.
- You learn 12 original songs, reading parts with fantastic backing tracks. You’ll learn not to be intimidated by a piece of sheet music. You’ll be able to close your eyes and play your heart out, while improvising against inspiring backing tracks.
Learn more about our online music course from our recent webinar. Watch the recording now:
Piano, Drums, Guitar, Trumpet, Electric Bass, Alto Saxophone
Introductory, Level 1
Learn to make smart financial decisions.
In this short course you will learn how to:
- Follow a budget
- Use credit wisely
- Set short and long-term financial goals
- Manage your credit score
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Functions of Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Using Customer Data
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ethics in Market Segmentation
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Analysing social and digital media
- Paid media
- Social media
- Advertising returns on investment
- Google tracking and analytics
CPD Course for AccountantsIn this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- What is ethics?
- Ethical behaviour
- Normative ethics
- Justice and caring
- Ethical decision making
- SAICA codes of ethics
- Interpersonal skills
- Online communication
- Digital networking
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Effective communication skills
- Online communication
- Productive meeting skills
- Communication trends
- Financial planning
- Financial decision making
- Insurance products
- Investment planning and decision making
- Investment theories
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Belief construction
- Logical and critical thinking
- Types of arguments
- Effective thinking
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success