Effective: 8 June 2018
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Site or a third-party to recognize you and make your next visit easier and the Site more useful to you. Essentially, cookies are a user’s identification card for the Learnalot servers. Web beacons are small graphic files linked to our servers that allow us to track your use of our Site and related functionalities. Cookies and web beacons allow Learnalot to serve you better and more efficiently, and to personalise your experience on our Site.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
When you use and access the Site, we may place a number of cookies files in your web browser.
We use both session and persistent cookies on the Site and we use different types of cookies to run the Site:
– Essential cookies. Necessary for the operation of the Site. We may use essential cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of user accounts, or offer Site features.
– Analytical/performance cookies. Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Site when using it. This helps us improve the way the Site works.
– Functionality cookies. Used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
– Targeting cookies. Record your visit to the Site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Site and the more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-party cookies to report usage statistics of the Site and refine marketing efforts.
– Tracking cookies. Follow on-site behaviour and tie it to other metrics allowing better understanding of usage habits.
– Optimisation cookies. Allow real-time tracking of user conversion from different marketing channels to evaluate their effectiveness.
– Partner cookies. Provide marketing conversion metrics to our partners so they can optimize their paid marketing efforts.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use some or all of the features we offer. You may not be able to log in, store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Learnalot provides universal access to the world’s best education, partnering with top universities and organizations to offer courses online.
Copyright© 2018 Learnalot. All rights reserved.