R825.00 excl. VAT
NBT MAT – preparation for the NBT Mathematics Test
In this online course will learn about:
- Special use of the mathematical language related to multiple-choice questions
- How to approach multiple-choice questions
- How to solve non-routine problems
- Four specific syllabus topics, namely:
Email to a friend
Preparation for the NBT Mathematics Test
This course will help you to understand the special use of the language related to multiple-choice questions in mathematics, to refine your understanding of keywords and their use in mathematics and to develop vital logic and reasoning skills.
You will learn how to approach multiple-choice questions in mathematics, as well as how to solve non-routine problems, ones that are not quite as straightforward as the ones you are typically used to.
In particular, you will deepen your understanding of four specific syllabus topics, namely Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry and Statistics.
This course also provides you with the opportunity to write four short multiple-choice tests and one extended test. This will enable you to develop confidence in yourself and your ability to answer multiple-choice questions in mathematics.
Overall, this course will ensure that you are thoroughly prepared for success in the NBT Mathematics test.
4 Hours on-demand video
4 Topic tests with solutions
1 Composite test with solutions
Access on any computer, tablet or smartphone via the Internet
Curriculum for this Course
Multiple Choice Questions
Logic and Reasoning
Solving Multiple Choice Questions
NBT MAT Algebra Question
About the NBTs
The primary purpose of NBTPs is to assess the entry-level academic skills of learners in Academic Literacy (AL), Quantitative Literacy (QL) and Mathematics (MAT). The NBTs are considered as being complementary results provided by the National Senior Certificate (NSC) and provide an assessment of a learner’s competence in the areas of AL, QL and MAT. The NBTs are written between May of one year and February of the following year.
The NBT Mathematics test (NBT MAT) consists of 60 multiple-choice questions to be completed within three hours. Although the questions are embedded in the CAPS syllabus, they are designed to measure the preparedness of learners for Higher Education. To this end, the questions emphasise higher-order skills that require the application of concepts in a variety of contexts. The overall emphasis in the test questions is on a deep understanding of mathematics and knowing what reasoning is appropriate in a given context.
The NBTP does not provide tuition for learners intending to write the NBTs, nor does it make past papers available.
About the Lecturer
Dr Michael Glencross
BSc, BSc(Hons), BEd, MPhil, DPhil, PGCE
Dr Michael Glencross, BSc, BSc (Hons), BEd, MPhil, DPhil, PGCE, has been extensively involved in education for many years. He has taught mathematics and statistics at high school, college and university, and has supervised postgraduate research students at master’s and doctoral levels. As an enthusiastic and experienced mathematics teacher, he offers online tuition for mathematics and is currently enjoying developing video lessons for mathematics.
Dr Glencross’ areas of interest include
Research methodology as well as design
Music, particularly the trumpet
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
- 12 month subscription (R2000 per month)
- Essential Education’s GED Academy™ learning material
- 4 private online lessons (30 minutes) per month with an experienced GED® tutor
- Access to our Essential Education online learning platform
- Weekly online group lessons with an experienced GED® Virtual Tutor
- Small group lessons
- Dedicated study chat group
- Mentor support and advice throughout your GED® journey
- The option to cancel your enrolment any time after three months - no questions asked.
- 12 month subscription (R1200 per month).
- Essential Education’s Pre-GED Bridging Course learning material.
- 2 private online lessons (30 minutes) per month with an experienced Pre-GED® Bridging Course tutor.