Digital Media Analytics: Earned Media
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Duration: 2 weeks
Weekly study: 6 hours
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, as well as how they could help your business.
Discover the importance of earned media
Earned media are the articles as well as mentions on social media that are produced by others about you. They can also play a key role increasing the size of your online presence.
In this course you will learn about strategies for setting up social media listening as well as monitoring programs. And you will also learn how to collect Twitter data using two different methods on Google Spreadsheets.
What topics will you cover?
- Understanding as well as making the most of earned media.
- How to get earned media.
- Best practices for earned media campaigns.
- Earned media strategies for content marketing plans.
- Introduction to social listening.
- Benefits of social listening.
- How brands use social listening.
- Engaging customers on social media.
- Tools for social media analytics.
- Collecting tweets from social media.
- Social media listening tools.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Evaluate earned media produced by organisations.
Evaluate the benefits of social listening.
Identify effective social media listening tools.
Improve your online presence by collecting and analysing earned media.
Explore how brands use social listening to improve their message.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers as well as learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
What software or tools do you need?
To make the most of this course, you will need to: ensure you have a Google account to make use of Google sheets, as well as ensure you have a Twitter account; install or access TAGS; use a laptop or desktop computer, download the Twitter Archiver from the Google add-ons store. And you will also need to know some technology.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Jessica Welch is a Ph.D. candidate in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. Her research interests include pedagogy and social media interaction.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
UNDERSTAND ONLINE SECURITYIn this online course from The Open University you will learn about: Online security Protecting your digital life Recognising threats The course was supported by the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Programme, is GCHQ Certified Training and IISP accredited. Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
- Functions of Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Using Customer Data
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ethics in Market Segmentation
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Analysing social and digital media
- Social media channels
- Social media auditing
- Owned, earned and paid media
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Analytics
- Reporting techniques
- Paid media
- Social media
- Advertising returns on investment
- Google tracking and analytics
CPD Course for AccountantsIn this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- What is ethics?
- Ethical behaviour
- Normative ethics
- Justice and caring
- Ethical decision making
- SAICA codes of ethics
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Belief construction
- Logical and critical thinking
- Types of arguments
- Effective thinking
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success