LEARN TO PLAY. LOVE TO PLAY.
Explore, excite, expand and express the musician you are, with courses that are fuller, richer, broader, deeper. Learn more inspirationally and enjoyably. Play more competently and confidently.
Our music courses are the complete beat. They all cover multiple genres, and encompass seven complementary facets of music: Tunes, Etudes, Exercises, Reading, Improvisation, Hearing, and Theory.
Immersive learning material includes instructional videos, audio and backing tracks, guided practice sessions, and downloadable notation pdf’s. And with all the learning tools you need – including a tuner, metronome, notepad and inspiration board – your experience is practical, playful, pitch-perfect.
TWO LEVELS AVAILABLE
Right now, you:
- Have never played the specific instrument of your choice before, or if you did it was so long ago, you’ve forgotten how to get a proper sound out of the thing.
- May have an instrument, but have no idea what to do with it beyond the minimal basics someone showed you. You look at it with a glint in your eyes and a vision of playing your heart out in a band.
- Have a collection of music that you love, and you’d love to be able to play some of it.
At the end of this course and level, you:
- Will be able to play some music: you’ll know where to find the basic notes on your instrument; you’ll be able to play melodies and riffs; and you’ll read proper music notation.
- Will be able to play along with some great backing tracks.
- Might find a song in your collection that you can play along with, and you’ll start hearing things musically that you weren’t aware of before.
In this course:
- You’ll take your first steps to becoming a real musician. Spanning genres as wide as folk, Latin, jazz, rock and pop, you’ll learn 6 original tunes and play along with some well-known songs.
- You’ll learn the first basic notes and chords on the instrument. You’ll learn about posture, fingerings, breathing, techniques and scales. You’ll learn about theory, develop your ears through ear training with your voice and on your instrument, and take your first steps as an improvisor. You’ll also play along with attractive backing tracks and learn how to practice with our Shedding Sessions.
Right now, you:
- Know the basics of your instrument, you have a sound and your instrument doesn’t feel like a stranger to you.
- Can read, count, play with backing tracks and even improvise a little.
- Have your hearing open to different genres, and you listen not only with the ear of a music lover, but of a musician.
At the end of this course, you:
- Will control the main range on your instrument, and know the important flats and sharps. Rhythms, swing feel, dots and ties will be part of your musical tools.
- Will have played with some exciting reading tracks, and your improvisation will have expanded. You’ll feel more comfortable with your instrument, and expressing yourself through it.
- Will have developed your hearing, and your knowledge about music theory will have opened your ears to elements in music that you weren’t aware of before.
In this course:
- You get on a solid path to becoming an excellent musician. Sure, with lots still to learn, but you’ll become comfortable with your instrument and creating your sound.
- You learn 12 original songs, reading parts with fantastic backing tracks. You’ll learn not to be intimidated by a piece of sheet music. You’ll be able to close your eyes and play your heart out, while improvising against inspiring backing tracks.
Why do we offer music? To enrich our students’ lives.
Not only does music relieve stress and make you happier, but learning music also helps students, regardless of age, to develop the left side of the brain (related to language and reasoning). Researchers have found that learning to play a musical instrument can enhance verbal memory, spatial reasoning and literacy skills. Therefore, playing an instrument makes you use both sides of your brain, which strengthens memory power.
We believe that learning music should be playful. The more you love to learn, the more you’ll want to learn. That’s why our courses are accessible and enjoyable, encompassing more of music’s magic. We know this will make you a more complete musician, and a more enriched music lover.
Our courses are comprehensive and connected, designed to develop well-rounded musicians by including and integrating seven complementary facets of music: Tunes, Etudes, Exercises, Reading, Improvisation, Hearing, and Theory.
Every course includes immersive, imaginative learning material in the form of instructional videos, Shedding Sessions, audio and backing tracks, and downloadable notation pdf’s. And with all the learning tools you need – including a tuner, metronome, notepad and inspiration board – your experience is practical, playful, and pitch-perfect.
ALL OUR MUSIC COURSES COVER THESE SEVEN FACETS
to make your learning more complete, more engaging