Enriching Lives through Music
Whether you’re beginning or brilliant, you can study at your own pace. Structured, but with the freedom to pick up at your own place. Learn from home, but never on your own, with backing tracks and our unique practice sessions, called Shedding Sessions.
Compliment your learning and expand your creativity while becoming a musical genius with our interactive and fun online music courses.
Formal music education can be excellent, but it often limits itself to one genre and tends to take a very cerebral approach. Through broadening the scope of learning, we are able to offer students a much fuller experience and a far deeper appreciation, of music, helping you become both musically educated and aurally elevated.
We are excited to be able to offer courses that are multi-faceted, holistic and integrated, that are more all-embracing and that encompass more of music’s magic. This results in students becoming more complete musicians, and more enriched music lovers.
TWO LEVELS AVAILABLE
- Have never played the specific instrument before, or if you did it was so long ago, you’ve forgotten how to get a proper sound out of the thing.
- Have a the instrument, but have no idea what to do with it beyond the three chords someone showed you. You look at it with a glint in your eyes and a vision of playing your heart out in a band.
- Have a collection of music that you love, and you’d love to be able to play some of it.
At the end of this course and level, you:
- Will be able to play some music: you’ll know where to find the basic notes on your instrument; you’ll be able to play melodies, some chords and riffs; and you’ll read proper music notation and tab notation.
- Will be able to play along with some great backing tracks.
- Might find a song in your collection that you can play along with, and you’ll start hearing things musically that you weren’t aware of before.
In this course:
You’ll take your first steps to becoming a real musician. Spanning genres as wide as folk, Latin, jazz and pop, you’ll learn 6 original tunes and play along with some well-known songs.
You’ll learn the first basic notes and chords on the instrument. You’ll learn about posture, fingerings, patterns, chords and scales. You’ll learn about theory, develop your ears through ear training with your voice and instrument, and take your first steps as an improvisor. You’ll also play along with attractive backing tracks and learn how to practice with our Shedding Sessions.
- Know the neck of your instrument, you have a sound, you control your picking and your instrument doesn’t feel like a stranger to you.
- Can read, count, play with backing tracks and even improvise a little.
- Have your hearing open to different genres, and you listen not only with the ear of a music lover, but of a musician.
At the end of this course, you:
- Will control the main range on the instrument, and know the important flats and sharps. Rhythms, swing feel, dots and ties will be part of your musical tools.
- Will have played with some exciting reading tracks, and your improvisation will have expanded. You’ll feel more comfortable with your instrument, and expressing yourself through it.
- Will have developed your hearing, and your knowledge about music theory will have opened your ears to elements in music that you weren’t aware of before.
In this course:
You get on a solid path to becoming an excellent musician. Sure, with lots still to learn, but you’ll become comfortable with your instrument and creating your sound. You learn 12 original songs, reading parts with fantastic backing tracks. You’ll learn not to be intimidated by a piece of sheet music. You’ll be able to close your eyes and play your heart out, while improvising against inspiring backing tracks.
Elevating the quality of music education isn’t an end in itself. For us, it serves a higher purpose, which is about spreading and sharing the joy of music, and enriching people’s lives through it. For us, it’s not enough to produce students who can read and play music; we want you to really hear and feel it.
Not only does music relieve stress, and make you happier, but learning music also helps students, regardless of age, to develop the left side of the brain (related to language and reasoning). Researchers have found that learning to play a musical instrument can enhance verbal memory, spatial reasoning and literacy skills. Therefore, playing an instrument makes you use both sides of your brain, which strengthens memory power.
Our courses are comprehensive and connected, designed to develop well-rounded musicians by including and integrating seven complementary facets of music: Tunes, Etudes, Exercises, Reading, Improvisation, Hearing, and Theory.
Every course includes immersive, imaginative learning material in the form of instructional videos, Shedding Sessions, audio and backing tracks, and downloadable notation pdf’s. And with all the learning tools you need – including a tuner, metronome, notepad and inspiration board – your experience is practical, playful, and pitch-perfect.
Each online course includes the following concepts
ensuring that all aspects of music are covered in a fun and interactive way, broadening your creativity and experience.
- Electric Bass
- Alto Saxophone