Computer Essentials Online Course
R1,500.00 excl. VAT
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.
In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
This Computer Essentials course is aligned with a business recognised credential called the IC3 Certificate.
Email to a friend
Improve your computer literacy, Learn how to find and utilize Internet-based information and understand the principles of digital citizenship in this online computer basics course.
Course Duration: 18 hours to complete
Certification: On completion, you will be issued with a digital Certificate of Achievement
Course Validity: 3 months
Computer Essential topics include:
Learn to navigate software applications, operating systems as well as the Internet. These essential computer skills include keyboarding, opening and closing windows, scrolling, navigating menus along with using hotspots.
Can you conduct online research and Organize files?
Learn how to work faster and smarter. This course will teach you new skills that will extend your ability to connect with others, access information, and also relate new ideas. Learn how to communicate using email, social networking, word processing, and charts, graphs, and also tables.
Understanding the safe, legal, and furthermore responsible use of information and technology is essential. Practicing legal and ethical online behavior is a must in the modern Internet era. Learn how to protect personal information and copyrights and also how to be a safe online consumer.
By learning the concepts underlying everyday computer use, you will learn how to navigate any operating system or device without getting lost or frustrated. Interactive practice and feedback through the course will build your confidence, accelerate your learning, and help you to achieve computer proficiency.
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Analysing social and digital media
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Investment planning and decision making
- Investment theories
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Belief construction
- Logical and critical thinking
- Types of arguments
- Effective thinking
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
NBT MAT - preparation for the NBT Mathematics TestIn this online course will learn about:
- Special use of the mathematical language related to multiple-choice questions
- How to approach multiple-choice questions
- How to solve non-routine problems
- Four specific syllabus topics, namely:
LEARN TO PLAY. LOVE TO PLAY.Explore, excite, expand and express the musician you are, with courses that are fuller, richer, broader, deeper. Learn more inspirationally and enjoyably. Play more competently and confidently. Our courses cover the key instruments:
- Electric Bass
- Alto Saxophone