Computer Essentials Online Course
R1,500.00 excl. VAT
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.
In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
This Computer Essentials course is aligned with a business recognised credential called the IC3 Certificate.
Improve your computer literacy. Learn how to find and utilise Internet-based information and understand the principles of digital citizenship in this online computer basics course.
Course Duration: 18 hours to complete
Certification: On completion, you will be issued with a digital Certificate of Achievement
Course Validity: 3 months
Computer Essential topics include:
Learn to navigate software applications, operating systems, and the Internet. These essential computer skills include keyboarding, opening and closing windows, scrolling, navigating menus, and using hotspots.
Can you conduct online research? Organise files?
Learn how to work faster and smarter. This course will teach you new skills that will extend your ability to connect with others, access information, and relate new ideas. Learn how to communicate using email, social networking, word processing, and charts, graphs, and tables.
Understanding the safe, legal, and responsible use of information and technology is essential. Practicing legal and ethical online behavior is a must in the modern Internet era. Learn how to protect personal information and copyrights and how to be a safe online consumer.
By learning the concepts underlying everyday computer use, you will learn how to navigate any operating system or device without getting lost or frustrated. Interactive practice and feedback through the course will build your confidence, accelerate your learning, and help you to achieve computer proficiency.
- Effective communication skills
- Online communication
- Productive meeting skills
- Communication trends
- Interpersonal skills
- Online communication
- Digital networking
- Financial planning
- Financial decision making
- Insurance products
- Paid media
- Social media
- Advertising returns on investment
- Google tracking and analytics
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Analysing social and digital media