Digital Media Analytics: Introduction
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Analysing social and digital media
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Duration: 3 weeks
Weekly study: 3 hours
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, and how they could help your business.
Understand how to get value from digital and social media
How can social and digital media help a business improve? How can we get useful data from social and digital media? What are the limitations of such data?
Get answers to these questions and more in this introductory course to social and digital media analytics. In the course, you will learn how to turn social and digital media information into business intelligence and discover why it is so useful for professionals.
You will look at the different types of data you can get from social media and the opportunities and limitations that each present.
- Introduction to social media analytics.
- Overview of digital analytics.
- Twitter as a data source for analysis.
- Introduction to social media analytics research.
- Data science and social media analytics.
- Building a social media research program.
- Extracting meaning from data.
- Tools to track social media analytics.
- Organizing and categorizing social media data.
- Analysing social media data using t-tests and correlations.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the constraints, opportunities and limitations of using data from social media.
- Identify the possibilities with social media data and techniques available.
- Evaluate the basic types of social media data relevant to professionals.
- Explore social and media data to answer questions and report actionable insights.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn more about social media.
What software or tools do you need?
You will need a Google account to make use of Google sheets, you will also need a Twitter account, and to install or access TAGS.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Financial planning
- Financial decision making
- Insurance products
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
- Paid media
- Social media
- Advertising returns on investment
- Google tracking and analytics
- Effective communication skills
- Online communication
- Productive meeting skills
- Communication trends
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Functions of Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Using Customer Data
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ethics in Market Segmentation
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency