Project Management Principles, Practices and Systems
In this online course from Anglia Ruskin University you will learn about:
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Duration: 2 weeks
Weekly study: 4 hours
According to a key report in 2017, only 37% of teams in the UK reported completing projects on time. Managing project costs was given as the biggest problem, followed by hitting deadlines.
On this course you will learn the key principles of project management and understand the project management skills needed to complete projects on time and on budget. You will focus on the three biggest challenges to project managers: completing projects on time, managing costs, and communication. You will learn from case studies and real life examples to bring your learning experience to life.
What topics will you cover?
- What is Project Management?
- The Project Lifecycle
- Risk Management
- Mini Case Study
- Project Information and Communications
- Closing a Project
- Contemporary Practice: Project Management Software, Agile Project
- Management, Operations Management
- Mini Case Study
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Develop your understanding of how projects relate to the wider organisational environment.
Explore the key role of risk management, communication strategies, change management and project closing methods.
Explain the functions and roles of a Project Manager.
Develop an understanding of how and why project managers need to appreciate the international perspective of their projects.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone working in project management roles in any industry, from engineering and programming, to marketing, aviation and more. It will be useful to any professional responsible for managing projects.
Who will you learn with?
Raj has 20 years’ experience in the UK HE sector and has published 9 textbooks. He has led projects or consulted with large institutions (such as the World Bank) as well as with numerous SMEs.
Who developed the course?
ARU is a global university with campuses across the East of England. They are passionate about transforming lives through innovative, inclusive and entrepreneurial education and research.
UNDERSTAND ONLINE SECURITYIn this online course from The Open University you will learn about: Online security Protecting your digital life Recognising threats The course was supported by the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Programme, is GCHQ Certified Training and IISP accredited. Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
- Investment planning and decision making
- Investment theories
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Interpersonal skills
- Online communication
- Digital networking
- Analysing social and digital media
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success