The Digital Economy: Success through Market Segmentation
In this online course from The Open University you will learn about:
- Functions of Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Using Customer Data
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ethics in Market Segmentation
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Course Duration: 4 weeks
Weekly study: 3 hours
This course is part of The Digital Economy program, which will enable you to thrive in the digital economy as well as earn 15 credits towards an MBA.
Tailor your offers to your customer’s needs
Marketing is all about putting the customer at the centre of the business. But what exactly does that mean today? And what challenges do marketers face in satisfying ever more demanding customers in the digital age?
In this online course, you will look at how marketers can gain a competitive advantage, by using the vast amount of customer data available, to segment, target as well as personalise products for their customers.
The course provides an in-depth grounding in market segmentation as a process, revealing how you can adapt it to improve the performance of all businesses.
What topics will you cover?
- What the digital economy means for the function of marketing.
- Also what market segmentation is as well as why market segmentation matters.
- The link between business strategy as well as marketing.
- The process of segmentation, targeting as well as positioning.
- Ethical issues in market segmentation.
- The explosion of information as well as data in the digital age.
If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Digital Economy program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM871 Managing in the Digital Economy starts July 2020. Also ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all four Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Identify and understand the impact of the digital economy on why and how market segmentation is used by organisations.
Produce and use market segmentation to improve your organisation’s performance in the digital world.
Summarise and link segmentation strategy to an organisation’s overall strategic direction, recognising the impact of the digital economy.
Demonstrate sensitivity to ethical issues arising from market segmentation in the digital economy.
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for learners wanting to know about how the digital era is affecting market segmentation strategies of organisations, their customers and stakeholders. You do not require any previous knowledge or experience of marketing to study this course but you could benefit from having some knowledge of business in general. Find further information about OU registration, the assessment module and MBA in the entry requirements.
Who will you learn with?
Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Analysing social and digital media
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Paid media
- Social media
- Advertising returns on investment
- Google tracking and analytics
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
CPD Course for AccountantsIn this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- What is ethics?
- Ethical behaviour
- Normative ethics
- Justice and caring
- Ethical decision making
- SAICA codes of ethics
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Effective communication skills
- Online communication
- Productive meeting skills
- Communication trends
- Investment planning and decision making
- Investment theories
NBT MAT - preparation for the NBT Mathematics TestIn this online course will learn about:
- Special use of the mathematical language related to multiple-choice questions
- How to approach multiple-choice questions
- How to solve non-routine problems
- Four specific syllabus topics, namely:
LEARN TO PLAY. LOVE TO PLAY.Explore, excite, expand and express the musician you are, with courses that are fuller, richer, broader, deeper. Learn more inspirationally and enjoyably. Play more competently and confidently. Our courses cover the key instruments:
- Electric Bass
- Alto Saxophone