The Digital Economy: Success through Market Segmentation
In this online course from The Open University you will learn about:
- Functions of Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Using Customer Data
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ethics in Market Segmentation
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Course Duration: 4 weeks
Weekly study: 3 hours
This course is part of The Digital Economy program, which will enable you to thrive in the digital economy and earn 15 credits towards an MBA.
Tailor your offers to your customer’s needs
Marketing is all about putting the customer at the centre of the business. But what exactly does that mean today? And what challenges do marketers face in satisfying ever more demanding customers in the digital age?
In this online course, you will look at how marketers can gain a competitive advantage, by using the vast amount of customer data available, to segment, target and personalise products for their customers.
The course provides an in-depth grounding in market segmentation as a process, revealing how you can adapt it to improve the performance of all businesses.
What topics will you cover?
- What the digital economy means for the function of marketing.
- What market segmentation is and why market segmentation matters.
- The link between business strategy and marketing.
- The process of segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Ethical issues in market segmentation.
- The explosion of information and data in the digital age.
If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Digital Economy program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM871 Managing in the Digital Economy starts July 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all four Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Identify and understand the impact of the digital economy on why and how market segmentation is used by organisations.
Produce and use market segmentation to improve your organisation’s performance in the digital world.
Summarise and link segmentation strategy to an organisation’s overall strategic direction, recognising the impact of the digital economy.
Demonstrate sensitivity to ethical issues arising from market segmentation in the digital economy.
Who is the course for?
This course is intended for learners wanting to know about how the digital era is affecting market segmentation strategies of organisations, their customers and stakeholders. You do not require any previous knowledge or experience of marketing to study this course but you could benefit from having some knowledge of business in general. Find further information about OU registration, the assessment module and MBA in the entry requirements.
Who will you learn with?
Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
CPD Course for AccountantsIn this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- What is ethics?
- Ethical behaviour
- Normative ethics
- Justice and caring
- Ethical decision making
- SAICA codes of ethics
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
- Financial planning
- Financial decision making
- Insurance products
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace