The Digital Economy: Effective Supply Chain Management
In this online course from The Open University you will learn about:
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Duration: 4 weeks
Weekly study: 3 hours
This course is part of The Digital Economy program, which will enable you to thrive in the digital economy. As well as earn 15 credits towards an MBA.
Create value with your supply chain
Goods as well as services reach end users through increasingly intricate channels. Involving people as well as processes all over the world, supported by advancing technology.
Understanding the key relationships in these supply chains can help you cut costs. As well as boost performance and create more value for customers.
This online course will equip you with a critical appreciation of the way supply chains work, as well as how to make them work better.
Whether you are a sole trader, in a small to medium-sized organisation, or work for a large firm. You will find out how the supply chain is changing in the digital era.
What topics will you cover?
- What supply chain management is as well as why it is important.
- The distinct processes that make up a digital supply chain.
- How risk is assessed in the digital supply chain.
- How organisations are using the supply chain to gain a competitive advantage.
- Competitive advantage in the digital supply chain.
- How supply chain management fits with the company’s strategy.
- The future of supply chain management.
IMPORTANT! If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Digital Economy program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM871 Managing in the Digital Economy starts July 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all four Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Identify as well as understand the impact of the digital economy on structure as well as function of a supply chain, recognising opportunities to reduce cost as well as create value in your own professional context.
Improve your analytical as well as prioritising skills.
Demonstrate as well as recognising the impact of the digital economy when taking an informed approach to decisions such as outsourcing as well as quality management.
Develop your ethical awareness as a manager.
This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about the effect the digital era is having on supply chains, customers as well as other stakeholders. No previous experience of studying supply chain management is required, but some basic knowledge of how businesses work would be beneficial.
Find further information about OU registration, the assessment module as well as MBA in the entry requirements.
What do people say about this course?
“Thanks for this course! The lectures on this course are interesting and academically stimulating. I got more insight on the topic of digital supply chain management, its development & strategy through the success stories of Whitbread & TWSU etc”.
Suk Yee Lee
Who will you learn with?
Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
UNDERSTAND ONLINE SECURITYIn this online course from The Open University you will learn about: Online security Protecting your digital life Recognising threats The course was supported by the UK Government’s National Cyber Security Programme, is GCHQ Certified Training and IISP accredited. Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Analysing social and digital media
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- Paid media
- Social media
- Advertising returns on investment
- Google tracking and analytics
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
- Effective communication skills
- Online communication
- Productive meeting skills
- Communication trends
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Investment planning and decision making
- Investment theories
- Belief construction
- Logical and critical thinking
- Types of arguments
- Effective thinking
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success