The Digital Economy: Effective Supply Chain Management
In this online course from The Open University you will learn about:
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Duration: 4 weeks
Weekly study: 3 hours
This course is part of The Digital Economy program, which will enable you to thrive in the digital economy. As well as earn 15 credits towards an MBA.
Create value with your supply chain
Goods as well as services reach end users through increasingly intricate channels. Involving people as well as processes all over the world, supported by advancing technology.
Understanding the key relationships in these supply chains can help you cut costs. As well as boost performance and create more value for customers.
This online course will equip you with a critical appreciation of the way supply chains work, as well as how to make them work better.
Whether you are a sole trader, in a small to medium-sized organisation, or work for a large firm. You will find out how the supply chain is changing in the digital era.
What topics will you cover?
- What supply chain management is as well as why it is important.
- The distinct processes that make up a digital supply chain.
- How risk is assessed in the digital supply chain.
- How organisations are using the supply chain to gain a competitive advantage.
- Competitive advantage in the digital supply chain.
- How supply chain management fits with the company’s strategy.
- The future of supply chain management.
IMPORTANT! If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Digital Economy program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM871 Managing in the Digital Economy starts July 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all four Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
Identify as well as understand the impact of the digital economy on structure as well as function of a supply chain, recognising opportunities to reduce cost as well as create value in your own professional context.
Improve your analytical as well as prioritising skills.
Demonstrate as well as recognising the impact of the digital economy when taking an informed approach to decisions such as outsourcing as well as quality management.
Develop your ethical awareness as a manager.
This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about the effect the digital era is having on supply chains, customers as well as other stakeholders. No previous experience of studying supply chain management is required, but some basic knowledge of how businesses work would be beneficial.
Find further information about OU registration, the assessment module as well as MBA in the entry requirements.
What do people say about this course?
“Thanks for this course! The lectures on this course are interesting and academically stimulating. I got more insight on the topic of digital supply chain management, its development & strategy through the success stories of Whitbread & TWSU etc”.
Suk Yee Lee
Who will you learn with?
Hilary is a strategic design academic with research interests in the economic and cultural role of the creative industries. She teaches OU courses in Strategy and Design Thinking.
Who developed the course?
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning, with a mission to be open to people, places, methods and ideas.
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
CPD Course for AccountantsIn this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- What is ethics?
- Ethical behaviour
- Normative ethics
- Justice and caring
- Ethical decision making
- SAICA codes of ethics
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Belief construction
- Logical and critical thinking
- Types of arguments
- Effective thinking
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
LEARN TO PLAY. LOVE TO PLAY.Explore, excite, expand and express the musician you are, with courses that are fuller, richer, broader, deeper. Learn more inspirationally and enjoyably. Play more competently and confidently. Our courses cover the key instruments:
- Electric Bass
- Alto Saxophone