Digital Media Analytics: Social Media Research Plans
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Duration: 2 weeks
Weeky study: 6 hours
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, and how they could help your business.
Prepare to analyse social media
Analysing social media can be a complicated process. How do you plan your research? What methods can you use?
Get answers to these questions and more with this course. You will learn the basics of quantitive research to analyse social media. You will learn how to turn word-based questions into useful data. You will also explore how to turn hunches into testable propositions, concepts and variables.
What topics will you cover?
- Building a research plan to analyse social media behavior.
- Understanding the market research process.
- The steps of market research.
- Developing descriptive research methods.
- Writing and delivering great marketing research reports.
- Analysing social media data.
- Getting familiar with Excel sheets and formulas.
- Interpreting social media data.
- Advanced quantitative tests.
- Statistical functions.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Produce a social media research plan.
- Compare, contrast and relate variables to form predictive models.
- Produce quantifiable data from social media.
- Identify methods for collecting and analysing Twitter data.
- Apply the basic rules of social media analysis.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
What software or tools do you need?
There is no special prior experience or knowledge required to participate. To make the most of this course, you will need to: ensure you have access to Excel and that you have a Twitter account; install or access TAGS; use a laptop or desktop computer. You will also need to know some technology and statistics.
Who will you learn with?
Jessica Welch is a Ph.D. candidate in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. Her research interests include pedagogy and social media interaction.
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
- Functions of Marketing
- Market Segmentation
- Using Customer Data
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ethics in Market Segmentation
- Investment planning and decision making
- Investment theories
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Social media channels
- Social media auditing
- Owned, earned and paid media
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Analytics
- Reporting techniques
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement