Digital Media Analytics: Social Media Research Plans
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Duration: 2 weeks
Weeky study: 6 hours
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, as well as how they could help your business.
Prepare to analyse social media
Analysing social media can be a complicated process. How do you plan your research? What methods can you use?
Get answers to these questions and more with this course. You will learn the basics of quantitive research to analyse social media. You will learn how to turn word-based questions into useful data. As well as explore how to turn hunches into testable propositions, concepts and variables.
What topics will you cover?
- Building a research plan to analyse social media behavior.
- Understanding the market research process.
- The steps of market research.
- Developing descriptive research methods.
- Writing as well as delivering great marketing research reports.
- Analysing social media data.
- Getting familiar with Excel sheets as well as formulas.
- Interpreting social media data.
- Advanced quantitative tests.
- Statistical functions.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Produce a social media research plan.
- Compare, contrast as well as relate variables to form predictive models.
- Identify methods for collecting as well as analysing Twitter data.
- Apply the basic rules of social media analysis.
- Produce quantifiable data from social media.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers as well as learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
What software or tools do you need?
There is no special prior experience or knowledge required to participate. To make the most of this course, you will need to: ensure you have access to Excel and that you have a Twitter account; install or access TAGS; use a laptop or desktop computer. You will also need to know some technology and statistics.
Who will you learn with?
Jessica Welch is a Ph.D. candidate in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. Her research interests include pedagogy as well as social media interaction.
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience as well as a world-class degree.
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Paid media
- Social media
- Advertising returns on investment
- Google tracking and analytics
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
CPD Course for AccountantsIn this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- What is ethics?
- Ethical behaviour
- Normative ethics
- Justice and caring
- Ethical decision making
- SAICA codes of ethics
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Effective communication skills
- Online communication
- Productive meeting skills
- Communication trends
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Financial planning
- Financial decision making
- Insurance products
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
LEARN TO PLAY. LOVE TO PLAY.Explore, excite, expand and express the musician you are, with courses that are fuller, richer, broader, deeper. Learn more inspirationally and enjoyably. Play more competently and confidently. Our courses cover the key instruments:
- Electric Bass
- Alto Saxophone