Digital Media Analytics: Using ‘Listening Data’
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Duration: 2 weeks
Weekly study: 6 hours
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, and how they could help your business.
Learn how you can use social listening tools
On this course, you will review general-purpose tools to investigate online sentiment and how fast messages spread about competitors or other trends on social media.
You will look at some off-the-shelf tools and at creating bespoke social media listening tools using advanced “API spigots” or tools that tap directly into social media flows. You should leave the course with a new awareness of tools for social learning, and how to turn social listening take into useable business insights.
What topics will you cover?
- Advanced methods to extract and analyze data from social media.
- Introduction to API’s.
- API marketing strategies.
- Advantages and disadvantages of using API’s to extract and use data.
- Mobile marketing.
- Types of mobile marketing strategies.
- Mobile ad campaign success indicators.
- The future of mobile marketing.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Develop advanced methods to extract and analyse data from social media.
- Explain the differences between mobile analytics and other digital analytics.
- Describe how mobile marketing strategies work.
- Identify how API’s can be used to get relevant data to create actionable business insights.
- Apply API marketing strategies effectively.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Jessica Welch is a Ph.D. candidate in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. Her research interests include pedagogy and social media interaction.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
- Investment planning and decision making
- Investment theories
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Social media channels
- Social media auditing
- Owned, earned and paid media
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Analytics
- Reporting techniques
- Effective communication skills
- Online communication
- Productive meeting skills
- Communication trends
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement
- Belief construction
- Logical and critical thinking
- Types of arguments
- Effective thinking