Digital Media Analytics
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Social media data
- Data collection
- Report writing
- Business intelligence
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Duration: 15 weeks
Credential: 3 credit hours towards the Masters of Professional Communication, on admission to the Graduate School at Purdue University.
Understand digital media analytics, as well as how they could help your business
How do businesses make sense of the large amounts of data coming from social as well as digital media? What are the best strategies for extracting as well as using this data? Explore the answers to these questions, and more, with this program of courses exploring digital media as well as social media analytics.
You will get an introduction to digital as well as social media analytics, before progressing to examine social media research, owned media, earned media, paid media, as well as using ‘listening data’. At the end of the program you should feel confident in applying your knowledge in your own professional life.
Academic credential program
Academic credit is available for this program. You will need to earn a Certificate of Achievement for each course as well as apply for admission to the Graduate School at Purdue University. If you are admitted you will receive 3 credit hours towards the Masters of Professional Communication degree program.
What do I need to start?
What skills will I learn?
Completing all the courses in this program will enable you to:
- Differentiate between the opportunities as well as limitations with social media data.
- Identify methods for using ready as well as custom-made tools to transform information into insight, from data collection to analysis, interpretation, as well as recommendation.
- Sharpen quantitative as well as business analytical skills using spreadsheets and online tools.
- Write effective reports as well as draft scorecards.
- Be prepared to interact with data scientists by speaking their language as well as understanding their processes for data mining and business intelligence.
Courses on this program
6 courses + 1 assessment
Digital Media Analytics: Earned Media
Learn about the importance of earned media as well as how to evaluate it so you can understand how to improve your online presence.
Duration: 2 weeks
Weekly study: 6 hours
Purdue is a world-class institution recognized for its quality in research, scholarship, as well as teaching. The faculty of the Brian Lamb School of Communications are leading experts in the field of digital as well as social media.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Jessica Welch is a Ph.D. candidate in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University. Her research interests include pedagogy as well as social media interaction.
- The fundamentals of business and finance
- Analysing problems and recommended solutions
- Communication and use of information
- Using digital tools
- Professional and ethical issues