Digital Media Analytics: Using Data from Owned Media
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Social media channels
- Social media auditing
- Owned, earned and paid media
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Analytics
- Reporting techniques
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Duration: 2 weeks
Weekly study: 6 hours
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, and how they could help your business.
Learn how to evaluate your social media channels
In this course you will learn how to turn your current and historic social media ‘flow’ into a mineable database.
You will learn about auditing your social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – discovering how you can generate data that visualizes the extent of your social media footprint, its variety and your viral performance and potential. You will also consider basic reporting techniques and examine tools for social auditing.
What topics will you cover?
- Introducing social media auditing.
- Using social media audits to improve your social media.
- Understanding social media audit categories.
- Differences between owned, earned and paid media.
- Performing a social media audit.
- Social media audit templates.
- Tools and metrics for social media audits.
- Digital marketing campaign metrics.
- Facebook insights.
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google analytics.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore tools used for social auditing.
- Summarise how social media auditing can improve social media.
- Discuss the different categories of social media audits.
- Evaluate owned social media channels.
- Reflect on the value of earned, owned and paid media.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers and learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
What software or tools do you need?
Everything you need to succeed in this course can be downloaded for free. There is no special prior experience or knowledge required to participate. To make the most of this course, you will need to: ensure you have a Google account to make use of Google sheets; ensure you have a Twitter account; use a laptop or desktop computer. You will also need to know some technology.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience and a world-class degree.
- Belief construction
- Logical and critical thinking
- Types of arguments
- Effective thinking
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Project management
- Project lifecycles
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
Mathematics for Teachers15 SACE Professional Development (PD) points In this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- Four broad key mathematical concepts:
- The historical perspective of each concept, aligned to the Curriculum and Policy Statement (CAPS) for Mathematics of the National Curriculum Statement (NCS) for Grades R-12.
Learn how to find and keep your dream job.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Search, network and apply for a job
- Write a good resume
- Make a good impression in your interview
- What to say in your interview
- Overcome colleague conflict
- Communicate with others in the workplace
- Financial planning
- Financial decision making
- Insurance products
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- The Back Skills Training (BeST) programme
- The cognitive behavioural approach
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Information and Communications
- Operations Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Customer insights
- Relationship marketing
- Digital marketing
- Customer engagement