Digital Media Analytics: Using Data from Owned Media
In this online course from Purdue University you will learn about:
- Social media channels
- Social media auditing
- Owned, earned and paid media
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google Analytics
- Reporting techniques
Disclosure: We are compensated for recommending courses offered through Future Learn that you purchase (at no extra cost to you). Based on the quality of Future Learn courses, we have not reviewed or tested any of the courses.
Email to a friend
Duration: 2 weeks
Weekly study: 6 hours
This course is part of the Digital Media Analytics program, which will enable you to understand digital media analytics, as well as how they could help your business.
Learn how to evaluate your social media channels
In this course you will learn how to turn your current as well as historic social media ‘flow’ into a mineable database.
You will learn about auditing your social media channels including Facebook, Twitter as well as Instagram – discovering how you can generate data that visualizes the extent of your social media footprint, its variety and your viral performance as well as potential. You will also consider basic reporting techniques and also examine tools for social auditing.
What topics will you cover?
- Introducing social media auditing.
- Using social media audits to improve your social media.
- Understanding social media audit categories.
- Differences between owned, earned as well as paid media.
- Performing a social media audit.
- Social media audit templates.
- Tools as well as metrics for social media audits.
- Digital marketing campaign metrics.
- Facebook insights.
- Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, as well as Google analytics.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Explore tools used for social auditing.
- Summarise how social media auditing can improve social media.
- Discuss the different categories of social media audits.
- Evaluate owned social media channels.
- Reflect on the value of earned, owned as well as paid media.
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals looking to advance their careers as well as learn more about social media and digital media analytics.
What software or tools do you need?
Everything you need to succeed in this course can be downloaded for free. There is no special prior experience or knowledge required to participate. To make the most of this course, you will need to: ensure you have a Google account to make use of Google sheets as well as ensure you have a Twitter account; use a laptop or desktop computer. You will also need to know some technology.
Who will you learn with?
Dr. Matei is the College of Liberal Arts Associate Dean of Research and Professor of Communication in the Brian Lamb School of Communication at Purdue University.
Who developed the course?
One of the four best public universities in the US, Purdue delivers an engaging learning experience as well as a world-class degree.
Improve your computer skills, becoming faster and smarter on the computer.In this short course you will learn how to:
- Understand the principles of responsible digital citizenship
- Conduct online research
- Correctly organise your files
- Protect your online personal information
- Move beyond the basics of computer proficiency
- Cash Management
- Funding strategies
- Different types of finance
- Using Finance
- Marketing and Selling
- Customer Relationship Management,
- Customer Information Systems
- Digital Selling
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Advantage
- Analysing social and digital media
- Developing a research plan
- Market research
- Social media data
- Earned media
- Social media listening and monitoring
- Social media analytics
- Google Spreadsheets
- Mobile marketing strategies
- Success indicators
CPD Course for AccountantsIn this online course from St Augustine College you will learn about:
- What is ethics?
- Ethical behaviour
- Normative ethics
- Justice and caring
- Ethical decision making
- SAICA codes of ethics
- Financial planning
- Financial decision making
- Insurance products
- Historical development of the financial services
- The financial crisis
- Financial products
- Financial regulations
- Consumer protection
- Taking your course online - LIVE DEMO
- Leading change: implementing prescribed teaching and learning guidelines in online teaching for TVET colleges
- Growing student reach through digital marketing
- Improving student retention and success
NBT MAT - preparation for the NBT Mathematics TestIn this online course will learn about:
- Special use of the mathematical language related to multiple-choice questions
- How to approach multiple-choice questions
- How to solve non-routine problems
- Four specific syllabus topics, namely: